We face decisions every single day. Some big some small. The art of making sustainable decisions is all about context.
How can you build enough context to make an intelligent and informed decision?
- Know your business strategy well: Purpose, Ambitions, Vision and Values
- Build the right team of experts to bring their unique perspectives to the decisions
- Document decisions: Name, Comments, TCO (Total cost of ownership, Opinions, Facts, Figures
- Include in this information; potential limits to innovation, risks, resources required to maintain the decision, change management impacts etc
- Have a robust team decision to organise collective thinking
- Equip the Decision Makers with enough information so they can't take in subjective opinions and make informed objective decisions